3rd – 19th June 2019
12 cities in Poland
· Rzeszów · Krosno · Zatwarnica · Kraków · Wiśniowa ·
· Kielce · Pińczów · Busko-Zdrój · Solec-Zdrój · Nowy Korczyn ·
· Rybnik · Skoczów ·
Juries 2019 included:
– Adult Professional Jury
– Children’s Jury
– Youth Jury
– Special Jury of the national Network of Art House and Local Cinemas.
ADULT PROFESSIONAL JURY
Grażyna Bochenek, Agnieszka Karp-Szymańska, Tomasz Jurkiewicz, Dominik Nykiel, Jola Jarecka, Emilia Żuber
Grand Prix – Feature Film:
directed by Priya Ramasubban
For a vision of the world, where there is a place for respect, intergenerational understanding, empathy and community. For a great story shown in its cultural context and most of all, for showing the power of believing in dreams in spite of all difficulties.
Grand Prix – Short Film:
directed by Jimmy Olsson
For the precise and wise lesson about love, truth and anger.
- Rock’n’Roll Eddie, directed by Tomasz Szafrański, Poland, 2018 – for beautiful story about friendship, told with incredible spectacle and dynamism from the first to the last minute. For intelligent sense of humor and the great opportunity for adults to recognize many popcultural motives.
- Pouiot (Poupiot À L’école Des Omelettes), directed by Fernando Barreto Arroyave, Switzerland, 2018 – for the way in which the film showed us how to graduate in frendship and choose our own path in life.
Julia, Zuza, Weronika, Laura (Rzeszow) and Antek, Mikołaj, Karol, Tomek, Wojtek (Krakow)
Best Feature Film: – ex aequo:
directed by Priya Ramasubban
“Chuskit” – a universal film for kids and adults, realistic and moving. The film showed emotions and the life of an Indian girl who could not walk. Nicely acted and very touching.
directed by Tomasz Szafrański
“Rock’n’Roll Eddie” is a special film because it’s gripping, touching and sometimes funny. It has a suprising story and a lot of plot twists. The actors were great, so we have chosen this film.
Best Short Film:
A Modest Defeat
directed by David Barr
Great Britain, 2018
“A Modest Defeat” shows real situations – the relationship between sisters and brothers, what is sometimes difficult. The film is very touching and emotional. We enjoyed this movie.
People Talk, directed by Grzegorz Paprzycki, Poland, 2018 – for an incredible atmosphere and the combination of thiller with documentary. Kept us on the edge of the seat, showing how poeple create gossip that are not true and can be hurtful.
Patrycja, Julia, Dominika, Ziemowit, Kamil, Michał, Jakub, Dominik, Karol, Jakub (Rzeszow) and Hania, Mania, Ola (Krakow)
directed by Jimmy Olsson
Film touches on a very important subject: intolerance that has become common. Amazing cinematography. Exceptional script. Great acting.
- Amir Ali, directed by Shiva Ghanbarian, Iran 2019 – the film shows how difficult it is to live in a broken family. Filmed in two shots, makes the viewer connect with the characters. It plays on emotions and expectations. The open ending allows the audience to come up with their own conclusions, opinions and interpretations.
- The Last Color, directed by Vikas Khanna, India, 2019 – a deeply moving story, pointing to the things that are trully important in life. It is impossible not to fall in love with the main character. The jury also appreciated the colorful cinematography and the possibility to learn about the Indian culture.
JURY OF THE ART HOUSE AND LOCAL CINEMAS NETWORK:
Bolesław Drochomirecki, Piotr Kotowski
Here My Village, directed by Abas Aram, Iran, 2019
Chuskit, directed by Priya Ramasubban, India, 2018
The Network of Art House and Local Cinemas will recommend these films to Polish distributors, aiming for them to be shown on over 200 screens of cinemas united in the Network and allowing them to be part of the Network’s educat ional initiatives for children.
MAIN COMPETITION 2019
- Stop the Horned Vikings!, dir. by Ilya Belostotsky, Russia
- The Last Color, dir. by Vikas Khanna, India
- My Giraffe, dir. by Barbara Bredero, The Netherlands
- Władcy przygód. Stąd do Oblivio, dir. by Tomasz Szafrański, Poland
- Stammer, dir. Mohammadreza Haji Gholami, Iran
- Time is Running, dir. by Matthias Kubusch & Robert von Wroblewsky, Germany
- Chuskit, dir. by Priya Ramasubban, India
- Here My Village, dir. by Abas Aram, Iran
- 1-0, dir. by Nada ElAzhary, United Arab Emirates
- 10 ka 4, dir. by Rahul Yadav, India
- 2nd Class, dir. by Jimmy Olsson, Sweden
- A Modest Defeat, dir. by David Barr, United Kingdom
- About Our Astronauts, dir. by Galina Golubeva, Russian Federation
- Ahmed & Markus, dir. by Maria Eriksson-Hecht, Sweden
- Ajo, dir. by More Raca, Kosovo
- Alan, dir. by Mostafa Gandomkar, Iran
- Amir Ali, dir. by Shiva Ghanbarian, Iran
- Angel’s Mirror, dir. by Cheng Chao, China
- At a fingertips, dir. by Daria Barsukova, Russian Federation
- Bear With Me, dir. by Clotilde Chivot, Camille Heng, Caroline Marcon, Justine Mettler, Marianne Reine, Tiphaine Vergriete, France
- Daisy, dir. by Yu Yu, Taiwan
- Dollhouse, dir. by Ezgi Temel, Turkey
- Endless Games, dir. by Elif Yiğit, Turkey
- Funny Fish (Drôle de poisson), dir. by Krishna Chandran A. Nair, France
- Goal…, dir. by MANOJ S NAIR, India
- Hedgehog, dir. by Vaibhav Keswani, Jeanne Laureau, Colombine Majou, Morgane Mattard, Kaisa Pirttinen, Jong-ha Yoon, France
- Hedieh, dir. by Sahar Sotoodeh, Iran
- Holly On The Summer Isle: The Exploration (Holly På Sommerøen: Opdagelsesrejsen), dir. by Karla Nor Holmbäck, Denmark
- Homies: Kinkaku-ji, dir. by Viktor Azeev, Russian Federation
- Imaginafriend (Amimaginaire), dir. by Robin Barriere, France
- Inside I’m Racing, dir. by Aleksander Szeser, Ireland
- Krenk, dir. by Tommaso Santi, Italy
- Light Trail, dir. by Melissa Pinto, United Kingdom
- Maraude and Murphy (Maraude et Murphy), dir. by Helene Ducrocq, France
- Mice, a small story, dir. by Jade Baillargeault, Nazli Doale, Dimitri James, Quang Daniel La, Morgane Lau, Mélanie Pango, Manon PringaultFrance
- Moon said: Blop Blop Help!, dir. by Reyhane Kavosh , Ali Raeis, Iran
- My best Friend’s Shoes (Rammat Gammat), dir. by Ajitpaal Singh, India
- Mother’s Day, dir. by Alexander Desouza, Canada
- My Little Boys – Couch, dir. by Jack Shih, Taiwan
- Nur, dir. by Gal Lin, Israel
- Over the Wall, dir. by Roy Zafrani, Israel
- People talk (We wsi gadają), dir. by Grzegorz Paprzycki, Poland
- Perfectly Naughty Kids, dir. by Tatiana Kiseleva, Russian Federation
- Please Frog, just one sip, dir. by Diek Grobler, South Africa
- Poupiot (Poupiot À L’École Des Omlettes), dir. by Fernando Barreto Arroyave, Switzerland
- Rebirthing (Cumplevidas), dir. by Jorge Naranjo, Spain
- River Neighbors (Drawsekani Robar), dir. by Keyvan Fahimi, Iran
- Snow, dir. by Aren Malakyan, Armenia
- Souffle court, dir. by Pierre-marie Adnet, Jean-luc Dessertaine, Guillaume Pochez, Tristan Poulain, Vincent Rouziere, Alessandro VergonnierFrance
- Stardust, dir. by Aldo Sotelo Lázaro, Mexico
- Tailored (Sur Mesure), dir. by Léa Cousty, Chloé Astier, Raphaël Guez, Mélanie Fourgeaud, Hugo Bourriez, Victoire Le Dourner, France
- The Gift Of Alice, dir. by Gabriele Marino, Italy
- The Hideout, dir. by Dave Deohans, India
- The Nixie (Świtezianka), dir. by Julia Bui Ngoc, Mai Bui Ngoc, Poland
- The Polygraph (or the virtue of knowing how to choose) (El Poligrafo (O La Virtud De Saber Elegir)), dir. by Marta López-Fdez, Spain
- The tales of Dotty Granny “The Moon’s basket” (Les Contes de Mami Zinzin “Le Panier de la Lune”), dir. by Yannick Lecoeur, France
- The Warsaw Robin (Warszawski Rudzik), dir. by Mackenzie S Bates, United States
- Unforgettable Memory of a Friend (Souvenir Inoubliable d’un Ami), dir. by Wissam Charaf, France
- Wander, dir. by Daniela Monzon Leotaud, Canada